About The Crisis Center
The people of The Crisis Center of Johnson County are passionate about treating individuals in crisis as valuable human beings. From this passion comes the ability to excel at providing practical help. We are the only crisis intervention agency accredited by CONTACT USA in the state of Iowa.
The Crisis Center's work is fueled by gifts of time, talent, and treasure from local people and organizations. These contributors are inspired by the tangible results achieved by The Crisis Center:
- An empathetic ear on the end of the telephone line
- Groceries on the kitchen table
- Referrals that help individuals get out of crisis
- Emergency financial support to avoid eviction or loss of utilities
- Fewer suicides every year
- People who have suffered a loss through a natural disaster have an advocate as they wind through the bureaucracy of disaster recovery
The Crisis Center answers in a non-judgmental and caring way when a person asks for emotional or material support in Johnson County. The Crisis Center provides immediate resources or referrals. In addition, The Crisis Center works collaboratively with individuals and organizations to help prevent and prepare for future needs.
Every individual in Johnson County has support in a time of need.
Individuals self-identify as in need and self-select for Crisis Center services.
We protect the privacy of the individuals we serve.
Clients come first - no bureaucratic barriers to delivering support.
We make the most efficient use of our resources.
Volunteers are the heart of the organization.